Samsung BD-F5700 Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player with Black Color Design

Samsung BD-F5700 Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player is a versatile device that possess multiple and interesting features which is more than I had expected. 

I have been looking for a quite while for a player that can play almost everything else that I need and I finally found this Samsung BD-F5700. 

Here are the following features that I am interested on this Wi-Fi Blue-Ray player.

Streaming Videos

The first feature of Samsung BD-F5700 that I had tested was its streaming video functionality. When I turned it ON, Netflix was already preinstalled and it was working perfectly great. 

Apart from Netflix, there was also Vudu and Amazon Videos. What I did was to simply perform a quick update and I got Vudu working but not Amazon. 

I found out that it was Amazon's video service that was at fault.

Play Mp3, Mp4, JPGs and other Files

Another feature that I was looking for a player is the capability to play files such as Mp3, Mp4 and JPGs. I'm pretty impressed that Samsung BD-F5700 does the job so well and good enough. 

What I did was to put all the files that I need to be played on my USB drive then inserted it into the thumb drive right into the USB port. 

After inserting my USB device, I went into the 'Home' screen and I selected the option that says 'select device'. 

I have chosen my USB drive then I started selecting music, movies and images that I wanted to check.

Playing Discs

It works perfectly great on a commercially produced DVD discs which goes the same thing on the discs that I have burned (process of copying a file into a blank disc) from my own personal computer. 

Blu-rays are astoundingly of good quality.

Sound System

Samsung BD-F5700 is one of the few players that has a coaxial digital out port. 

I actually still own an old Sony Surround Analog system that still works and what I did was that I hooked the HDMI into the LCD TV. 

Then, I plugged the orange cable into the reciever and its done. To ensure that its surround, I tested it on DVDs, MP4s and streaming medias. 

As a result, it works amazingly great where I find all of the six speakers which includes the subwoofer to be producing sounds.

Design

I find the design to be stylish, small and sleek.

Samsung BD-F5700 Wi-Fi Blue-Ray Player Specifications


Features:


  • Plays Blu-Ray discs (DVSs, CDs and rewriteable discs)

  • Built-In Wi-Fi (For playing TV shows and movies from Netflix, Vudu and YouTube)

  • AllShare (A feature that allows you to stream photos, videos or music from a compatible Windows PC)

  • BD-Live and BonusView with Compatible Discs (Requires external USB storage device)

  • Mini-chassis design (Ultra-compact)

  • Remote control


  • Technical Specs:


  • Seletable video resolution up to 1080p (with video upconversion for DVD)

  • Built-In audio Decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD

  • Front-Panel USB port for use of external storage devices

  • HDMI output

  • Coaxial digital audio output

  • Ethernet port for wired network connection

  • Dimension (10-5/8 inch x 1-9/16 inch x 8-15/16 inch)



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment